Thursday, December 5, 2013

Chapter Five, Page Three

I was sorely vexed with my person today. She has been staying at the castle all day as of late, but today she disappeared and came back at dusk smelling of other dogs. The tall one in the side meadow is one thing. I can handle her charity toward a dog with no castle of its own, but really! There is only so much time in a day, and Iexpect her to devote the majority of hers to me, her sovereign.

As punishment for her transgression, I forced her to throw the Binky over and over and over again. She tried to stop, but I insisted she continue. I even placed it on her face when she tried to slumber! I feel she must have recognized her guilt, because she only laughed and continued to throw it. I had intended to wear her into a state of great fatigue, but strangely enough I felt my own self growing weary. Now I am resting, sprawled out beside her with my hip firmly anchoring her foot. Should she try to leave again this day, I will waken and give her a royal glare...

Yours in watchful exhaustion,
Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment