Thursday, December 5, 2013

Chapter Five, Page One

There are strange animals yipping outside. They sound like dogs, yet they also do NOT sound like dogs. I have heard these animals many times before. They are cowards, and will not face me. They smell strange, and they have no persons smell about them. I bark a few times to warn them off, just in case they decide to eat the birds that belong to the wrinkled one. I love her, and I love the delicious eggs they lay as well.

The yellow one's behavior has improved somewhat as of late. It is cold outside often, and even she prefers the warmth of the castle to the chilly night air. My person keeps the warm box in the castle wall going quite often. She places odd things in there, and when she opens it they have turned into delicious smelling food. I rarely get to partake of this food, but I do enjoy the warmth and the smells.

I lay at my person's feet tonight, as I have been feeling very affectionate to her as of late. I do not like her to leave the castle without me, and while she did that for a short while today, she always returns in due time and I am quite comforted by her presence. During my slumber earlier today, I had dreams of mighty battles in which I guarded the castle from giant yipping not-dogs and marauding dogs. I woke to the mirthful howling of my person and others. It is not good form to make merry at the expense of your king, but I am feeling so much goodwill towards her today that I let it pass without incident.

I bid you goodnight, and may you dispatch your dream-foes as quickly and completely as I conquer mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment