Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chapter One, Page Five

"There is a terrible monster lurking in the wrinkled one's room. The little ones and I do not speak of it, but when my person makes the journey into that wing of the castle, my two diminutive subjects and I make haste for the spare room. Understand, readers-I do not FEAR the beast. That would be cowardly. I simply feel that the lit
tle ones are comforted by my presence as the great purple leviathan rages across the floors of our castle, my person fighting and dragging it with all her might in a valiant effort to subdue the cacaphonous thing. 

We were safely in the spare room when I looked around and realized that I had abandoned my newest subject to the mercy of the beast. I crept quietly down the hall (again, not afraid-my only thought to launch a surprise attack on the thing) and I could not believe my eyes. There sat the yellow one, reclined under the banquet hall table, SLEEPING!
There is only one conclusion that can be drawn from this reckless disregard for her own life, dear readers. I leave you with this certainty- The yellow one is DAFT."

No comments:

Post a Comment