Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chapter One, Page Six

"My person and I drove to a place today where she gets things to eat and drink. There were many persons coming dangerously close to our wagon, but I thought about how we have been meeting more of them in the last few days, and not one has actually attempted to harm my person. Perhaps I have been a little excessive in my protective dut
ies. I decided not to growl or bark at anyone. She seemed very pleased by this. It is a good king who has happy subjects.

She also began bringing the lesser dogs and I our meals in separate banquet halls. I noticed my gruel this evening had a delicious oil on it that reminded me of seafood. I ate that part first. The yellow one ate all her food. If she is not careful she will lose her figure-females often do, especially since she has obviously given birth in her past and gravity has taken its toll in certain areas. In spite of this she is a very attractive female, and although I (strangely) have not felt any romantic feelings since last summer, I must admit to a certain amount of pride that such a fine specimen roams my yard and answers to me.
I noticed this morning a black dog approaching our fence. I ran to challenge him but the yellow one had already done so, slinging her head to the side daintily but putting out a very fierce bark. My person yelled at the both of us, so I quickly decided against joining the fray. It was a wise decision. I received many pats and back scratches, and I noticed my daily ration of bacon was today a full piece instead of the usual half.
It has been a lovely day, dear readers. I am quite fatigued, and leave you with a fond goodnight."

No comments:

Post a Comment