Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chapter One, Page Four

"What a pleasant day my person and I had. She was very attentive and we had a rousing game of Binky. Later on in the evening, we had quite a long walk. I stayed close to my person because it seems to make her happy. When we returned home, the wrinkled person patted me and made some very amusing sounds, the only one of which I under
stood was my name, Boo. Even the yellow one did not annoy me to any great measure.


On the subject of sounds made by persons, I often wonder if they have some sort of rudimentary language. Surely no other in the animal kingdom makes so many sounds that do not seem to have specific import. I do know the noise, 'awf' means they are not pleased with where I am sitting, but it also means 'do not jump on me'. And of course, they do have sounds for us all. I am 'Boo' sometimes repeated twice, and the yellow one is 'Lola' and the two tiny things are 'Danny' and 'Katie'. Other than these sounds, it seems as if they are imitating the sound of the river rushing over rocks. Wouldn't it be a wonderful thing if they could someday learn to bark? A foolish thought, that many dogs have had before.

Despite her limitations, I love my person, and the other two that reside here in my castle. I anticipate tomorrow will be just as satisfactory, provided the Canine Mastery woman does not make an appearance. Goodnight, dear readers. Until tomorrow I remain your benevolent ruler,

Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment