Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chapter Four, Page Eighteen

Strange occurrence today. My person's mother and the two little persons piled into the wagon and have not returned. Surely they have not defected to another castle? I am enjoying the silence but as a conscientious ruler, I do worry. I must confess it is lovely to relax on the big comfortable bed without my person's mother telling me to get down. It shall be our little secret while she is gone, dear readers!

My person is playing evening games with the tall one who lives on the side of the castle! Earlier in life I would have been jealous, but I know that she merely feels empathy for the poor homeless creature. I continue to excel at my own games, and feel sure that the tall one cannot approach my prowess.

I hurt my leg yesterday, and my person seemed very concerned. She spent much time holding the tiny black thing next to her face and talking. However, her concern was unwarranted, and if she could bark I would have told her it was merely a temporary pain and not to be fretted over.

Your vigorous and healthful leader,
Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment