Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chapter Four, Page Three

It has been many days since I last visited you, dear readers. My person has been feeling quite sad, I can tell. While she cannot bark, she has a very effective way of communicating through body language and the water that pours from her eyes. It has cast a dark cloud over our castle. And then today, it seemed to lift somehow. 

small male person came to visit us. He and my small person played in the meadow behind the castle for hours, jumping on my large bouncing bed. They threw the binky for me oh, so many times! It was delightful. I felt quite as if I was a young pup again. We ran, and caught, and threw over and over as the small persons squealed with delight. They jumped on my bouncing bed and I let them bounce me into the air. It brings them such joy, and I myself find it not a little mirthful. Then my person returned.

She was gone in a strange and very noisy white wagon for the whole of the morning and afternoon. When she returned with the big tall one, she seemed somehow stronger. Not quite happy, but with an aura of firm resolve. She seemed very happy to see me in good spirits, and praised the small persons. She also played Binky with me for a while, and then we played our games. I was so excited and my blood was running hot from the games, so I did make a mistake or two but I soon rectified it.

I am now spread out at her feet, spent and ready for slumber. With luck we shall not suffer from such sadness again.

Your relieved king,
Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment