Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chapter Four, Page Seventeen

Yesterday the large hairy male person came to see us. He points a big black thing at us while we play our games, and he gives quite satisfying pats and ear scratches. We have seen him before, but this time my person, the yellow one, and I all rode in his wagon to the large meadow down the road. We played games until I was exhausted, but the yellow one ran around sniffing at the ground, completely ignoring us. What can you expect from her but utter ridiculousness? It is a waste of a good wagon ride, in my opinion.

Today my subjects and I spent much time in the back meadow chewing on delicious sticks that have fallen from the food-bearing trees. The yellow one destroyed the toy they call a "nooknook". I was quite angry when I found it in the bucket of discarded belongings, and snatched it. However I was promptly corrected and the nooknook discarded again, lost forever. Ah well, I did find a new toy at the dog park and it is quite bouncy, so perhaps I have traded evenly.

While outside, my person made noises into the small black thing she holds to her ear for a time, then made the orange monster eat the sticks and leaves inside the big metal-rimmed circle. The persons often do this, sometimes holding the sticks over the fire and placing white food on the end of them.

All in all, a delightful day. Goodnight, dear readers, and peaceful sleep to you and your kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment