Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chapter Four, Page Sixteen

Dear readers, I know I have been lax in my diary entries as of late, but oh, such happy times are here at the castle! The suffocating fog of sadness we were previously cloaked in has given way to the most wonderful of times. Every day is filled with Binkies, chase, lavish attention from my person for me and all my subjects, person puppies howling mirthfully and bouncing me upon my giant bed, the most excellent ear scratches and praise, and many enjoyable games both with my person and the yellow one.

My person seems to still be under some sort of stress, but has obviously turned some corner in her own mind. The new small person who spends much time here is a jolly fellow, and often calls my name and throws me the Binky. He seems to have joined our small person's pack, and a welcome addition he is. Rosy-cheeked and always baring his teeth in that odd way persons do, he brings joy into all my subjects' faces when he arrives. We have had many other visitors as well. Today several older person pups visited along with their mother, and I was pleased with their pattings. The male person pup bounced me on the bed and was a worthy opponent at the game of Binky as well. The wrinkled one spends many hours in the back meadow, and I and the yellow one nap in the sun as we watch over her. My person's mother continues to provide me with loving affection, although she sis foolishly misinformed as to the yellow one's place in the castle. She thinks the yellow one rules here! Silly persons, can they not see that the yellow one is mad, and to be pitied, not revered? Ah well, it does me no harm to let it continue. The yellow one is a good subject in her own right, and deserves the love and affection she receives. I leave you in excellent humor, and wish your kingdoms all the happiness in the world.

Your loving and blessed king,
Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment