Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chapter Four, Page Nineteen

I have been pushed to my limit by the yellow one. Time and time again I put up with her demented antics, with no end in sight. She is under some delusion that is acceptable to harass me each time I patrol the perimeter of the back meadow. Rough-housing with royalty is UNACCEPTABLE. I continue to meditate upon the best way to deal with her gently but she will have none of it! She is like a giant child in a beautiful adult's body. Does she think I allow this because she is female? Does she believe her beauty holds some sway over me? She is sorely mistaken, dear readers! I am not some weak commoner to be held captive by an attractive face and a pleasing figure!

And just as I make up my mind to punish her, I think of my person, and how it will hurt her. And then the yellow one circles around me, lays down next to my side, lets out a delicately feminine sigh, and I do not have the heart to mete out the consequences she so richly deserves.

Yours in frustration,
Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment