Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chapter Three, Page Eighteen

Most of the day passed uneventfully, but evening games were quite challenging! We traveled down a path previously uncharted, and there was a great snorting beast on the road. Normally I defer to the greater size and power of these beasts, and cross to the other side. However my person wished to remain on our chosen path. The beast stirred uneasily and raised his great hind paws (If you have never seen one of these beasts, dear reader, their paws are made of rock and can kill a dog in one blow) I must admit I felt a fair amount of trepidation, but I did not falter. My person seemed very pleased by this.

Even more tempting was the crunchy who did not run, but also stayed her path as my person gave the 'DOWN' noise. The crunchy stared at me intently, its otherworldly tail twitching as if it were one of the legless belly crawlers with the poison bite. After many moments it ran. I could not bear it, dear readers! I rose from my crouch, and of course my person barked the 'NO' noise. I was quite shamed at my lack of control. However, I finished out our games with perfection, and my person seemed very pleased.

Strangely, we did not conclude the evening with our regular game of Binky. Ah well, perhaps it slipped her mind. After all, as I keep reminding myself, she is but a mere person...

No comments:

Post a Comment