Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Three, Page Seventeen

The yellow one and I had quite an adventure this afternoon, but I fear my person is very displeased. Someone came to get the little black fellow today, and left the door to the meadow open. The yellow one found it, and ran out. I myself used to lead my person a merry chase before I learned to play the games, and I could not resist the temptation. I followed her on a mad dash past all the houses until an evil man in a white wagon began to follow us. I ran back into the meadow and the yellow one ran to the front door. My person let her in and then came to check on me in the back meadow. She was NOT pleased. I was a little ashamed of myself for behaving in a manner unbefitting a king, and scaring my person so. I can tell she is very afraid of the man in the white wagon. I should have protected her from him. I have been very affectionate with her to show my sorrow at my behavior. I can only hope the Canine Mastery woman does not find out. Somehow I care very much that she has a good opinion of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment