Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter One, Page Eleven



"My person and I rose very early this morning. As usual, I had to perform my morning ablutions before she awoke and had to alert her by placing my nose in her hand. I confess, I do it in part to watch her-she is quite humorous when startled. After she let me in, I realized I was quite sore and still fatigued, even after a full night's rest. My muscles were aching from the battle with the assassin yesterday. If I am any judge of persons, mine felt the same. She went to her room, laid on her bed, and immediately fell asleep. I decided to join her. In her sleep she threw an arm over me and we napped together for MANY more hours. It was nice.

Throughout the day she repeatedly asked me to 'Sit' and 'Heel' and 'Down'. I was reticent, but it is hard to deny her when she seems so pleased by it. I received no fake bacon today, but she did pass out little cookies to my subjects and I. I also continue to enjoy the fishy smelling liquid she puts on our food.

The little fat one has been trying to steal my person. She jumps in her lap a little too often for my taste. I shall keep an eye on that tubby little love-thief. I must keep ever vigilant. I hear the sound of a bag rustling-must go, dear readers, else I miss today's fake bacon ration. I remain your benevolent ruler,

Boo Radley"

No comments:

Post a Comment