Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Two, Page Twenty

Evening games went swimmingly. I performed not just excellently, but PERFECTLY. My person was so very pleased with me. I was very excited, and we even ran for a while. I needed this, as there were no ball games today.

The tiny ones have been sleeping with my person. I am not threatened by this, in fact I allow it as a token of goodwill. After all, they were residents of the castle when I began my rule. Despite their participation in behaviors that curry no favor from my person, they are good-hearted little subjects and they amuse me to no end. Upon occasion, the tiny fat one romps with me, but the old one is tired and becomes cross at my attempts to frolic. He sleeps away most of the day but seems to be in good spirits. The wrinkled one loves him very much, and he spends most of the day at her side, as does the tiny fat one, although she begs for attention from my person in no small measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment