Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Two, Page One

It was a restful and relaxing day in the kingdom. My person and I slumbered shortly on two occasions. The little person and my person's mother were both absent for much of the day, and the wrinkled one stayed in her wing of the castle. I miss her pleasant noises when she does not roam the land. 

Instead of our evening games, we rode in the wagon to the far-away place. It seems as if the Canine Mastery woman and I have arrived at a stalemate. Since the assassination attempt, we seemed to have gained a mutual respect for each other. She observed my person and I at great length, and seemed pleased with us. We played the 'sit' 'down' and 'heel' game without a single misstep, which gave me an odd feeling of pride, much as if I had won a great battle.

After we left the far-away place, we stopped again at the place where there are smells of food and drink. We met a new female person, who gave me 'bacon'. This pleased me very much. The new person smelled of dogs and grass. I approve of her. She talked at great length with my person, and I grew restless to return home. As king, I must always keep in mind the well-being of my subjects. Who knows what foolery the yellow one is up to, without me to watch over her? And what of the wrinkled one and her little dogs? Who shall protect them when I am absent?

Finally we returned home, where I was fed gruel and engaged in a short game with the Binky. It has been a long day, but a satisfying one. I leave this first day of the second chapter of my life happy, fulfilled, and ready to rest my weary head.

Your benevolent ruler, Boo Radley.

No comments:

Post a Comment