Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Two, Page Sixteen

Today brought many interesting happenings both fair and foul. We had several pleasant romps in the meadow behind the castle, but as the sun began to sink lower in the sky, the herd of small persons arrived. Do not forget how vexed I was when last they came. I cannot abide the loudness of their yappings and fightings. 

Evening games began as usual, until we spotted a large black dog advancing upon us! I felt my person fill with anxiety, and I knew that this was my chance to prove to her that I can protect her from the danger that surrounds us. However, I also remembered that oftentimes I am corrected for inflating the situation. And so, dear readers, I very calmly stood alert and gave the wanderer a warning bark. My person also yelled this noise at him, "GOHOME". She repeated her noise, so I gave him a loud growl. He very wisely chose to run in the other direction. It was then I realized that I knew this dog! I had seen him nosing around our castle a few nights ago, and warned him MUCH more vehemently to stay away from my kingdom. He didn't seem such a bad fellow. I feel as if he is searching for a better castle, as he doesn't seem well-fed and he often noses around our yard.

I must leave you! I smell fake bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment