Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Two, Page Five

Spent a great deal of time outside again today. The persons were all digging, pulling up the grass, transferring plants from one place to another. The little brown female person was here today, and one of those evil yellow flying insects bit her. She howled a great deal, and then my person came out with an object that spit a foamy white substance at the insects' nests. They fell to the ground, buzzing and screaming. I am very glad I do not speak insect, as I think their dying words were full of curses against my person.

The yellow one, 'Lola', went in the wagon with my person today. When she came back, she barked about a river with many dogs and persons there. She was terrified, as she has never seen a river. I laughed at her and explained that swimming was great fun. She did not swim, but she did walk around in the water for quite some time, even though she was afraid. She also enjoyed sniffing around at all the new smells on land, especially the bird droppings. She was very curious as she had never seen a bird that swims. I am beginning to wonder if she is perhaps not so much crazy as simply naive...

We played the 'ball' game quite alot this evening, I, my person, the yellow one, and the young male person. It was quite invigorating and I was exhausted when we were through. Aside from a few minor tinges of hurt concerning the yellow one's adventures with my person, I leave you tonight a satisfied dog, ready for sleep and dreams of squirrels.

No comments:

Post a Comment