Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Two, Page Six

Dear readers, I almost could not bring myself to write this evening. I have done a thing that shames me, but how can I expect my subjects to admit their wrongdoing if I cannot admit my own? And so I must tell you what I have done.

My person does not wish me to bark, growl, and threaten outsiders who come to our home during the day. I have begun respecting her wishes since meeting the Canine Mastery female, but today I was very cross. I rushed at the door, and when my person corrected me...(I can hardly bear to write this-courage, Boo...) I growled, barked, and snapped my teeth at her as if to bite.

She immediately corrected me very harshly. I am afraid I reacted badly, and though I did not mean to do it, I hurt my person and tore her shirt and skin. There was blood, and all the persons were howling with all their might.

After this shameful event, she barked her nonsense words at me quietly and I licked her hand in apology. Water came out of her eyes.

Sometimes I do not understand my person, but I know in my heart that she loves me, and wishes only good things for me, as I love her. I am hoping that tomorrow we can both forget that we hurt each other and move forward with the mutual respect we have worked so hard to forge.

Your humbled king,
Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment