Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter One, Page Fifteen

What an interesting day this was. All the persons in the castle, including the little ones, spent all day moving things and wiping them down. I was quite irritated with them. Why would you remove the dirt from the castle floor? I quite prefer a layer of dust over my kingdom. It reassures me. They also used the big hole that makeswarmth for quite some time. I DO like this, it always makes wonderful smells.

In the evening, my person and I got into the wagon and drove to a place that makes food. There we met a female person I have met in the past. I liked her demeanor very much, and she smelled of sand and sea. She rode with us in the wagon to the Canine Mastery woman's empire. There we played the 'sit', 'down' and 'heel' game many times. I was shocked and amazed that my nemesis was so pleasant. Had she forgotten her attempt upon my life? Did she not recognize me? She is a mystery, dear readers. Not only did she treat me wonderfully, she actually corrected my PERSON! TWICE! I shall never understand females, four-legged or two, they are quite the mystery.

After our games, we all three rode in the wagon again. I was again perplexed when we arrived at a place that I had never seen before. It smelled of food, and to my amazement I was welcome there. Many persons do not care to have me enter their castle. Sometimes there is even this picture on the door-'No Dogs Allowed'. However, in this place there were people eating on the large tables that one usually sees outside, and they seemed happy to have me. One particular person was very attentive and kept making this noise-'awmanthisisacooldog'. My person seemed pleased by this man. One dark note, friends-a man with evil in his heart approached my person and her lovely friend. I barked a warning, and was corrected. I chose to obey this request, but I did keep an eye on him throughout our time there. He smelled WRONG.

Finally we returned to my castle, where I was greeted warmly by all. It has been an enlightening evening, and I will chuckle for many days remembering the look on my person's face when SHE was corrected. Turnabout is fair play, dear readers...turnabout is fair play."

No comments:

Post a Comment