Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Two, Page Twelve

I am very pleased with my person's mother today. She must have gone hunting, because she came home with a wonderful bounty of THREE binkies! Of course, the yellow one, the tiny old one, and I all set to work removing the binky tails. It is custom to gnaw them off. It makes the binky more pleasurable for catching. Naturally the yellow one (daft, you will recall) chewed her binky for hours, as if it was a bone filled with delicious marrow. I am so very fond of her now, but much of it is amusement, for every court needs a fool.

Our evening games are wearing on me. I feel my person takes too many liberties with the royal person, especially with the 'down' and 'stay' game. Really, she acts as if SHE rules this kingdom...thrice she corrected me this evening. It is in these times that I remind myself of her GOOD qualities. Excellent binky throwing, generosity with treats, and my favorite of all, her petting skills. It is if love and affection ooze through her hands, quite relaxing. I have never before trusted a person to know how to behave in a dangerous situation, but I believe she is earning that trust, despite her fraternization with the Canine Mastery woman. Come to think of it, the Canine Mastery woman does exude an aura of confidence that would be very beneficial in times of peril.

I must be tired, entertaining thoughts of an alliance with my arch-enemy! It is off to slumber I go, remaining ever

Your vigilant ruler,
Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment