Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Two, Page Fourteen

Did not receive but a short amount of the ball game with the little person. Most unsatisfactory, but better than none I suppose. Evening games were uneventful. I remain indignant at the 'down' game but my resolve is wearing thin. My person is persistent, I will award her that dubious compliment!

So many angry dogs in the castles surrounding us. I do not cast blame upon these poor beasts. The indignity of being leashed to a TREE! Imagine it dear readers-what an utterly uneventful and frustrating life these deposed monarchs must feel. It does not appear they are receiving kingly rations, either. Many appear ill and show great bald patches upon their coats. Some persons are quite disgusting to me-they really should not be allowed to breed as they are obviously not cut of decent cloth. Fortune has definitely favored my castle with its choice of subjects, but I cannot glory in this while the haunting images of my fellow beasts in chains burns in my brain.

Yours with a heavy heart,
Boo Radley.

No comments:

Post a Comment