Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter One, Page Twenty One

So many events occurred today, dear readers. Most notably, the chocolate-y brown one has traveled on. He seemed a happy little fellow, I almost hate to see him go-almost. 

Also of great import...the herd has been THINNED! The two new little persons have returned to their castle. It is quite a relief, the kingdom is MUCH quieter today. The male little person has brought a wonderful new amusement into the castle. It is a long stick with a round cup at the end. In this hole he places the ball, which is a kind of circular Binky without a head, tail, or feet. Then the little person slings the ball far away, and I give merry chase. We played this game many, many times. The yellow one followed me and bit at my sides as we ran. I used to correct her for this, but now she pleases me with her playfulness. However, she did NOT please me when she stole the royal Binky and HID IT while I was playing with the ball!

I am almost ashamed to admit that I was having so much fun I forgot to bring the Binky inside. Later in the evening after our 'sit' 'down' and 'heel' games and our evening stroll, I suddenly felt its absence and alerted my person. With due alarm she let me into the meadow behind the castle. There we searched endlessly, under, on top of, and behind every object in the yard multiple times. In fact, we searched so long that my person insisted we give up. Imagine my shock as I re-entered the castle and smelled the Binky in the washing room! I searched each nook and cranny until I found it. Where was the Binky? Shoved into a space between the two big machines that keep gruel cold, dear readers! That insolent yellow 'Lola' HID THE ROYAL BINKY!

I am livid. I will use this night's slumber to devise an appropriate punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment