Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Three, Page Nine

More sky water today. The little person and I had an excellent game of binky. I ran until I was exhausted. My person wrestled with the great purple monster again, throughout the whole house. She seems to enjoy the battle. Before she does this, she sprinkles a white powder throughout the fuzzy floors of the castle. It smells like flowers, yet not like flowers. Another strange habit of persons that I will never comprehend.

Tonight the red muscular dog from the castle across the way approached our yard. I warned him quite sternly to leave my meadow. As I was doing so, that daft yellow one jumped on ME! I quickly corrected her and she began to run around the perimeter of the meadow at breakneck speed. Perhaps she becomes so excited at the thought of battle that she forgets against whom she is guarding the castle-proof indeed that the silly beast is quite mad. It is all I can do to control my temper with her. I remind myself over and again that I must rule my kingdom with fairness and temperance, but it is not a simple thing with this 'Lola', this fetching simpleton, this beautiful and maddening female, this creature with whom I am so fascinated and aggravated.

No comments:

Post a Comment