Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Two, Page Eighteen

Another banner day here at the castle. Again the thundering herd of little persons took us to the meadow, AGAIN the silly yellow one ran about ignoring us all, and again I played 'fetch' until I threw myself to the ground, utterly spent.

I was quite ill-tempered when games began, but I believe I am just getting rusty at the 'down' game. My person and I refreshed ourselves upon the rules and I ended the evening in splendid form befitting my station.

I quite enjoy the new toys brought by the little male person yesterday, but the yellow one keeps taking them. Does she not know that toys are only for kings? No sooner does she drop one than do I spirit it away, and yet she continues to do so. Ah well. She is my cross to bear, the stone around my neck, and yet I do feel a growing affection for her. I am sure it is only that of a king for his subject.

On the subject of the yellow one, my person's mother is across the castle murmuring her nonsense noises. This one she repeats quite often, 'myyellerbaby' and 'mylolagirl'. She often laughs at the yellow one, as do we all.

No comments:

Post a Comment