Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter One, Page Seventeen

The persons spent many hours outside this evening, putting meat into the big iron thing that smokes. The small persons were playing in the pond that sticks out of the water, and that fool yellow thing kept trying to tempt me into barking at everything that walked by the yard. I cannot abide that nagging bark of hers sometimes. It is enough to drive a dog mad!

During the midst of all the delicious smells, annoying barking, squealing little persons, and the constant jabbering nonsense of the big persons, my OWN person actually demanded we play the 'sit' 'down' 'heel' game! It was hard for even my distinguished royal intellect to focus on games with all these distractions, but I soldiered on and gave it my all. My person seemed very, very pleased. As I write this I am laying at her feet, and will soon end the night with a delightful sleep. Rest easy, dear readers-all is well in the kingdom of Boo Radley tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment