Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Two, Page Nineteen

My subjects and I spent the entire day outside. The persons were playing a strange game of digging holes with sticks, then filling the holes with different white sticks. I was bewildered but amused, as were the two tiny ones and the yellow one. 

My person and I had another altercation. The tiny yellow one ran out the gate when my person opened it, and I followed suit. I know my person dislikes this immensely, but it is what I have always done. She caught my necklace as I attempted to squeeze past her, and I growled quite angrily and snapped at her. Once more, dear readers, I am ashamed of this behavior, but years of bad habits keep surfacing, though I know I should rule with kindness and not anger. My person corrected me very harshly, yet after incidents like these she never seems to bear me ill will. This is one of the reasons that I love her and try to please her. She accepts me with all my faults, and I feel somehow that we are working together now to create peace, happiness and safety in the kingdom. I was quite repentant and showed her extra affection all afternoon, and I believe she understood my apology regardless of her inability to bark.

Evening games went well. No strange dogs running about, and my person was lavish with praise when I performed well.

I remain your imperfect but steadfast leader,
Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment