Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Chapter Two, Page Four

My subjects and I were all gladdened to see that while the ground is still wet, there was no more light and boom in the sky today. We passed the time out of doors for a while this afternoon, while my person and her mother dug holes in the ground and shoved big white sticks in them. Are they mimicking dogs, I wonder? Are they tryingto learn from us?

During our evening stroll, we heard many loud noises from a castle down the way. I believe they were celebrating, but what I do not know. The noises emanating from their castle sounded much like howling, but of course people cannot truly howl. It is only more mimicry.

Our games went very well today. My person seemed pleased. A tiny little dog wandered across our path as we played. It wore a necklace like my own, but had no person with it. It was obviously not the ruler of its kingdom-how could one so small protect an entire castle? It's ruler must be a very poor one, to leave such a vulnerable subject to roam the streets alone. Were I an angry dog, I could have killed it with one shake. I shall never understand the minds of some dogs. No pride in your kingdom, no concern for your subjects...what is the canine world coming to?

Do not despair, dear readers. One castle still stays true.

I remain happy, content, safe, and ever your vigilant ruler,
Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment