Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chapter Four, Page Thirteen

I am most worried about the yellow one. She and my person left in a strange wagon with another female person. When she returned, a great patch of hair had fallen off of her belly, and something had attacked her there! She has a strange bite wound and some sort of blue mark next to the wound.

Ordinarily I pay no attention to her barkings, but she told such a strange story, I wonder if her mental condition is worsening. My person took her to a place with many dogs and cats, and on the side of a huge wagon were these symbols- EMANCIPET. Then they came at her attempting to do her harm! They put her inside the wagon and it was all made of cold shiny rock. She claims they tried to tie her mouth shut and stick sharp things in her flesh, like the sting of a giant bee. Then they made her feel strangely sleepy and happy. They locked her in a cage with a big pink paper on it with these symbols-CAUTION! I am scared. The walls of this wagon were lined with many animals, all barking, meowing, or sleeping deeply.

All this could be plausible, but then she made such a ridiculous claim, I can only believe she is either jesting or becoming even more daft, if you can comprehend such a thing...she said my person JOINED IN THE ATTACK! Rubbish, dear readers. Pure rubbish. No person is more loyal than mine. I know not WHY she is loyal to this foolish beast, but I do know that she would never attempt to harm the yellow one. Never.

What shall I do if the yellow is progressing in her lunacy? What if her hallucinations tell her she is the king? What if they tell her to chew our legs off in our sleep? What if she loses her looks, too? (Although I am quite proud of her physical appearance, that was in jest, dear readers. A little levity to ease the tension)

A king cannot shirk his duty to his subjects. I suppose I shall grow old with her by my side, barking of demon persons and birds with teeth and people that bark, the poor mad creature...

No comments:

Post a Comment