Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Chapter Four, Page Fifteen

What a glorious day here in the castle. Spent much time in the meadow. The sky was bright but not hot, and a pleasant cool wind blew just enough to ruffle the royal fur. The wrinkled one and my person played their strange games, picking up dead leaves and half-eaten nuts from the trees, and the yellow one, the tiny ones and I meandered across the grass, sometimes chasing the Binky, sometimes just laying in the cool dirt watching the persons.

The bone of some great beast lay in the meadow, and I claimed it as my own. It took no small effort to carry, and seemed almost heavier than my head. I relished it for quite some time but my person took it from me when I attempted to enter the castle with the bone in my mouth. She made this noise. 'EWGROSS'.

I lay at her feet as she watched the noisy bright box, and beside her on the 'COUCH' thing, with the old grumpy one at our feet and the tiny yellow one yipping in her sleep. I believe she dreams of squirrels, as she does love to chase them so. Beside us lay the yellow one, ever waiting to squeeze past me in the race for my person's affection. Silly female. Will she never learn her place in this kingdom?

Your bemused king,
Boo Radley

No comments:

Post a Comment